Skin is the largest organ of our body that’s constantly protecting us from the harsh environment of the outside world. It’s our skin that’s responsible for regulating our body temperature and acting as a filter.
Healthy skin is always a better fighter against aging while healing any damage much faster. It also staves off any potential chance of diseases than the unhealthy skin. That’s why proper skin care is a vital step if you’re concerned about your physical appearance. An unhealthy skin will appear dull and sallow whereas a healthy skin will give a full and vibrant look. So, good skincare is always essential for keeping your youth flawless.
For that purpose, most of us depend on various beauty products and other cosmetics for taking care of our valuable skin. Recently, organic and vegan skincare also achieved quite a good popularity. In fact, vegan skincare is a booming beauty niche! Most of us may have heard of the term – vegan skincare. However, many of us are not so sure about the meaning of it. If you don’t know what the heck vegan skin care is, you’re definitely not alone. Don’t worry; here I am to clear that up. Hope this information helps you!
What Defines Vegan Skincare?
As far as most of the people are concerned, “vegan” denotes the diet type that excludes all types of animal products. Vegan ingredients are capable of some of the very best rejuvenation, anti-aging benefits through the combo of natural antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. However, for a vegan skincare regime, you don’t necessarily need to follow a vegan lifestyle.
This type of skincare is suitable for almost every type of skin with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that whatever you’re applying on your skin, contains only safe, natural and ethical ingredients. Animal products like beeswax, honey, carmine, collagen, gelatin, cholesterol, stearic acid, and squalene etc. are common ingredients in the majority of beauty products and cosmetics. In the case of vegan skin care products, there’s no trace of such chemicals and animal products/ingredients, meaning that there are always vegan options that are, by default, better for you and our world as a whole.
The beauty buzzwords – cruelty-free and vegan
Let’s not confuse ourselves with “vegan” and “cruelty-free”. Not every cruelty-free products can be considered vegan as they may still contain lanolin, honey or milk. Vegan skincare products are derived from natural/organic elements that don’t contain any animal elements or by-products. That means, for a vegan skin care product, there MUST NOT be any honey, fish collagen, lanolin, beeswax, cholesterol, gelatin, stearic acid or squalene. If you find products that claim to be “cruelty-free”, you are highly likely to find animal products and by-products in them.
Why Choose Vegan skincare?
Even if you’re not a vegan or vegetarian, you may not wish to be applying something constantly on your skin that contains animal fat. In the case of animal farms, they use hormones and other additional stimulants for turning the animals bigger, fatter and more profitable. When the elements of the animals are used in the products, those chemicals are highly likely to end up on your skin. Do you really want to all those unwanted hormones and chemicals?
These animals are “recycled” in our cosmetic products as well. Moreover, natural or organic ingredients, cruelty-free and vegan skin care products also offer a gentler experience for the skin. If you have a sensitive, easily irritating, or allergy-prone skin, then vegan skincare products are your perfect choice! These products include fewer ingredients that may trigger skin conditions and other reactions. They nourish the skin better without being the reason for irritation.
Why Vegan Skincare Matters
Vegan skincare products pack serious punches of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that aggregately nourish the skin in the long term. The reduced number of chemicals on your skin also keeps the outside just as healthy as the inside.
Here, we take a look at the benefits of vegan skin care products that you might not have considered yet.
- Soothing For Sensitive Skin – Are you suffering from your sensitive skin? Is your skin prone to rashes, blemishes or breakouts? Then suitable vegan skin care products can be your perfect answer. The ingredients in any vegan skin care is suitable for our skin and tested for skin sensitivity. Say bye to your rashes, blemishes and irritating symptoms with vegan skincare products!
- Anti-Aging Powers – Natural and vegan skin care ingredients are capable of providing the best anti-aging skin care results. A combination of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and botanical extracts are more effective in rejuvenating your skin and granting you the youthful glow.
- Cruelty-Free – In the case of many traditional skin care products, those are highly likely to be tested on the skins of small animals. Vegan skincare products are free of such crimes.
- Environmentally Friendly Packaging – Vegan products are, most of the times, packaged with recycled materials. This lessens the pressure on our precious environment. Rest assured; your vegan purchase isn’t going to make the environment more polluted.
- No Animal By-Products – A good number of non-vegan beauty products include the by-product of dead animals. The ingredients may include uric acid from cows and extracts from various dead insects, lanolin from sheep wool and beeswax. In the case of vegan products, they are 100% animal free. No animal products used in any step of the production process.
- Avoid Pesticides – As vegan products don’t include any animal ingredient, you’re guaranteed to avoid the chances of getting in touch with pesticides. Let’s consider the lanolin for example. It’s a quite popular product in a beauty regime that’s obtained from the wool of the sheep. In the lifetime of a commercial sheep farm, the animals will be dipped for preventing vermin. The pesticides and other chemicals used can linger in the lanolin and eventually, end up in your skin care product.
Our skin tends to absorb whatever you apply on it. Pesticides are toxic to our body and can harm your skin in a negative way, instead of the youthful glow.
Haven’t made the switch yet? There are a number of other benefits that you can think. Vegan skincare products are, not only non-toxic and cruelty-free but also bursting with numerous health benefits. It also comes up with feel-good advantages. Vegan products allow you to stay up-to-date with all your beauty requirements. We firmly stand for cruelty-free products.
By choosing “vegan” and “cruelty-free” certified products, you’re doing less harm to the earth’s biosphere and potentially, pulling less negative impact on the environment. Yes, there’s no way you can go 100% “negative impact” free (even your breath is adding carbon dioxide in the air)! For the maximum benefit for both yourself and the environment, go for “cruelty-free” and “vegan” products.
Got questions about vegan-friendly skincare? We’re always ready to help you out! Drop us a note in the comments or send us an email today.